2017/18 Season Information
Dates of Play
These have been updated on the website, there are a couple changes this season. During the second lst weekend of play the U10 group will not play both Saturday and Sunday, they will play on the Saturday only. They will play their last game the following Saturday. BNS has moved their Jamboree for this age group back a week as well.
CLICK HERE for 2017/18 Dates of Play
There will be no change in team fees for this coming season. Fees will remain at $1495 per team.
The following was voted on and passed at the AGM:
12.14 No Screening – Screening of any kind is NOT permitted (including ball screens, area screens, and dribble weaves/handoffs). If there is a screen set, legal or not, and there is contact it will be called a foul. If there is a screen set, legal or not, and there is no contact it will be a turnover.
We are looking for division coordinators for next season. If there is someone within your organization who may be interested in assisting with this roll please have the contact the League Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Division Coordinators play a vital role in operating the league. They have three main focus areas:
1) Division Alignment
2) Acting as a liaison between the teams and the league
3) Scheduling games
We still have a few vacancies on our board of directors for Member at Large positions. If you or anyone within your club is interested in sitting on the board for the MBA please contact Kandace Terris, MBA President by e-mail (email@example.com)
Association Contact Information
If you are no longer the contact person for your association could you please pass along the new persons contact info so I can update my list.
All teams must show proof of insurance prior to October 15, 2015
Team League Fees
League Fees for the 2014/15 season will be $1475 per team.
U10 Development Divisions
The number of shifts have been reduced to 10 shifts. Each shift will be 3:30 in length (stop time)
U14, U12, U10 Development Divisions
The penatly for zone defence has changed and will be as follows:
- 1st Offence, warning
- 2nd and any subsequence offence, one shot and posession of the ball at the point of inturuption.
All teams must show proof of insurance prior to October 15, 2014
Team League Fees
League Fees for the 2014/15 season will be $1455 per team.
Divisions will be renamed to the following:
- U10 Developmental - formerly Jr. Mini
- U12/Mini* - Mini
- U14/Bantam* - Bantam
- U16/Midget* - Midget
- U18/Juvenile* - Juvenile
*Because this is a transition year we will leave the old names in the division name. For the 2015/16 season these will be removed.
U10 Developmental Divisions
- Play will be 4 on 4.
- Games will be 12 shifts of 3 minutes (stop time).
- 2 minute half time.
- No game shall be longer than 1 hour and 10 minutes in length.
- There will be no score kept in the U10 Developmental Division
U14/Bantam;U16/Midget; U18/Juvenile Divisions
- U14/Bantam Boys division will now use a size 7 ball (29.5")
- In U14/Bantam, U16/Midget and U18/Juvenile Divisions a team will be able to call up enough players to bring their total roster for the game to eight (8).
- The U16/Midget Girls division and U18/Juvenile Girls divisions will be combined.
- U12/Mini games shall not exceed a maximum duration of 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- U14/Bantam games shall not exceed a maximum duration of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- U16/18 games shall not exceed a maximum duration of 1 hour and 25 minutes
Hoop will be played at 10' (Foul Line will remain at 12' distance)
Bantam Division 3 and lower
Introducing "Equal Play" for first 3 quarters (broken into 6 shifts). No one player shall play more than a 1 shift difference than any other team mate.
The time will remain at 8 minutes per quarter; however they will be broken up into 2 x 4 minutes for the first 3 quarters to allow for equal play.
The 4th quarter the above will not be applicable and coaches will have the descretion to play whom they choose for the final 8 minutes.
Individual player scoring stats will not be posted on the MBA web site beginning this season
Illegal defense violations will be stringently upheld this season as follows:
1st violation is a verbal warning to the coach,
2nd violation will be a technical foul
3rd violation will be 2nd technical foul and coach ejection from the game